One of the biggest islands in Thailand and is known for its fantastic and exotic beaches surrounded by palm trees, coconut and tropical forests and a lively and great nightlife. It's also one of the most visited in Thailand, with busy streets, crystal clear sea and many activities to do. Also very close to the island of Ko Phangan where the famous Full Moon Party is celebrated, where we also participate in the party and later we will tell everything.
The easiest (but slightly more expensive) way is to fly directly to the island via Bangkok Airways, but only this airline flies there and they own the local airport. That's what we did and when we arrived we went straight to Alpha Gay Resort & Spa (the only gay resort on the island).
Staying in this accommodation was our best choice. It's in Chaweng beach area and about 10 minutes from the center where you can find several bars, beach clubs, restaurants and shops. The resort is for men only and has large rooms or villas, several outdoor spaces, an excellent swimming pool supported by a bar. The bar can be attended by non-guests and we are entitled to participate in several pool parties organized by the resort. It is also the best way to meet other tourists.
We did some tours organized by the resort. We went with a group of guests for the Full Moon Party, we made friends and we really enjoyed staying at the Alpha Gay Resort. The price is a little higher but here you have a unique experience that makes up for the value you pay.
Other places we recommend visiting in Ko Samui:
- Chaweng Beach - Most gay visitors stay in this area and this is where most of the action takes place in Ko Samui.
- Big Buddha - Is 12 meters high and is part of the Wat Phra Yai Ko Fan Temple. Here we went on a tour organized by our accommodation, but you can easily go by bike if you want.
- Na Muang Waterfalls - In this area you have 2 waterfalls surrounded by the tropical jungle and with unique views over the island of Ko Samui.
- Fishermans Village Ko Samui - Ideal place to spend a full day. We went to the beach and walked around the area. It's located a little to the north of the island and you have a beach without waves and super hot, then you have a very typical street filled with small bars, restaurants and small shops. Every Friday there's a nigth market that is also worth a visit.
- Lamai Viewpoint - As the name implies get ready for great views and a big climb and if you're more lazy there's a cable car. If you want to feel a little adrenaline you can also ziplyne here and "fly" over the tropical jungle.
Before going up or when you go down, enjoy and visit the beach where the Grandfather and Grandmother rocks are.
- Ang Thong Marine Park - To visit the marine park it is best to go on a tour and expect a day full of adventure and adrenaline. You can buy your tour at an excellent price through Getyourguide.
You will be able to do snorkeling, cayaks (we loved it, it was our first time) a delicious lunch and swim in the fantastic hot waters in one of the stops that the boat is making. There are 42 islands and we are making stops on some of them and it was here that the film "The Beach" was filmed. Another day that we will not forget.
Bring sunscreen, waterproof cases for your valuables and mobile phone and don't worry about anything else because everything is included.
We arrived to the island by plane as we said but we left by boat (most economically). We bought an Airasia pack which included the Lipa Noir pier boat on Ko Samui to Surat Ani, transfer from the boat to the airport and plane ticket to Bangkok. It takes up almost a day, but it's a way to save some money and take the opportunity to explore Thailand a little more.
#gaycouple 🄵🅁🄾🄼 🄿🄾🅁🅃🅄🄶🄰🄻
1️⃣7️⃣ years together! #gaytravel with us 👬🌈
🏳️🌈 Join us @ CROATIA GAY TRIP ⤵️ ⤵️ ⤵️